Building a Security Training & Awareness Program
Althrough they are often confused, security training and security awareness are complementary items. Training imparts specific knowledge and skills, while awareness gives users a view of how their individual actions fit into the "big picture" of security at the organization. Both help users make good security decisions, even when confronted with unfamiliar circumstances.
Vorant Network Security is proud to offer Building a Security Training & Awareness Program, a full-day course that delivers a practical guide to developing a training and awareness program to fit the student's organization. Students will also learn how to manage the rollout of a new or upgraded program and how to keep things fresh and interesting over time.
Through a combination of classroom time, group discussion and
hands-on exercises, students will develop the beginnings of an
awareness and training program for their own organization.
- Training & awareness program structure
- Why programs fail (and how to make yours succeed!)
- Principles of Adult Learning
- Performing a training needs assessment
- A Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) for security in an organization
- Choosing the best training methods to get your messages across
- Crafting effective awareness materials
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your program
- And much more!